So your probably wondering where the lovely pictures of our weekly bounty is.
There are none.
Why you ask?
Because our weekend was strange, off and involved a small day long road trip. In which also fell on my shopping day. Which I did not prepare for AT ALL. So that left me to wing it. Are you sensing yet this is dangerous territory? We went over budget when I flew by the seat of my pants. I won’t even take the time to add it up cause I will probably have a meltdown. But it is sufficient to say its was greatly over budget.
And I’m out of milk and butter.
Ever try to cook from scratch cakes, cookies, oatmeal and what not without those two? Good luck. So this evening I shall go buy more which sends us even more so over budget. But it is what it is. It is a lesson in planning. It is a blow to my ego that I can not shop without a list but I will recover. I am determined to not let this kill my spirit as it use to and I would give up. I am already planning for next week. Trying to get it down to the wire in hopes of making up over the course of time what I lost when I went meandering through the grocery stores.Since I have no great pictures of how well I can do, let me tell you the pro’s and con’s of what I did do this week.
1. I stocked up on chicken breast. At $.99 lb that is the best we will find it even with the bone and skin on. If I am an honest person I would tell you if I had $20 in my pocket today I would run down and get more. I have issues.
2. I almost got it right. I abandoned a cart at Wal Mart when I realized I was paying too much for things cause I was too lazy to store hop. I walked right out.
3. I refused to pay more than $1 for 6 rolls of TP. And I am glad I stuck to my guns. Wal Mart carries it for $.97 but as I just said, I abandoned the WHOLE cart. Luckily Dollar General has it and it was next to the Save a Lot I was out. I didn’t cave to the $1.29 for 4 rolls at SAL.
1. I forgot milk, butter, zip lock bags and cheese. All of which was in the cart I abandoned at Wal Mart.
2. I abandoned a cart at Wal Mart. I know, it was a Pro but it also a Con. Why? I should have simply put back what was over priced and kept the good stuff. I was too disgusted with myself to do so.
3. I bought cold cereal. It was only $.50, which is a good deal. But you might want to have milk with cereal. I’m just sayin’….
By the way, the chicken breast were so big that TWO of them made an excellent dish of chicken & rice last night. We had so much leftover, its for dinner too. So it wasn’t all bad. Somewhat. Ok. It was bad. 😉
PS….In depressing news I was told there is already “The Provident Pantry” blog. Hmmm. I think a new name is in order. But maybe I will let you faithful two readers help pick it. 🙂